A very common aliment of new mommies is the discomfort and embarrassment of hemorrhoids. Due to all the changes in a women’s body postpartum often these painful irritations erupt. Unless someone you know closely has dealt with these, chances are the topic won’t come up. So, lets take a minute and talk about this now.
How do you avoid hemorrhoids? The simplest way is with lots of ruff-age is your diet and great hydration. I will often tell new mom’s, “If you plan to breastfeed drink more water than you ever thought humanly possible!!!” It sounds funny, but I am making a very serious point. Hydration before delivery during pregnancy is important. It is vital to begin labor both well rested and hydrated. When breastfeeding hydration is even more important.
Your body has just created and expelled another human! This is something to be very proud of. It is not easy! It takes nine months, discomfort, sleep complications, cravings, expanding, and on and on. Everything changes in the process. Mentally preparing for these changes is imperative. Talking about all this ahead of time with women who have been through it is helpful! It directs you to things you would never have thought of and helps you navigate the pitfalls.
Taking in-person birth classes is a great way to prepare yourself. In a group setting thoughts will come up that you never considered. So great for you! Others have ideas for dealing with problems that open doors for you and your birth coach.
In addition, you come to realize what a big deal having a baby is!!! It is truly life changing. Which again is great!!!
Below find several articles on the treatment of hemorrhoids. Hopefully you will be able to avoid these all together through diet and hydration. If not, these homeopathic suggestions will get you started in helping you heal.
Home Treatment for Hemorrhoids
Posted by Digestive Health Services
January 27, 2015
We’ve covered coconut oil’s many uses in other articles, but we’ve had several questions about how coconut oil can help with hemorrhoids. It’s a touchy, painful, itchy subject, but we are ready to tackle it. We’ll try not to get too graphic while still getting the job done.
Treating hemorrhoids often includes helping to control inflammation, discomfort and itching. This is where coconut oil comes in. With anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties, coconut oil has a lot of health benefits when applied topically or ingested orally to help treat hemorrhoids.
This article will help you understand how to use coconut oil for hemorrhoids and cover the following points:
- What are hemorrhoids?
- The benefits of using coconut oil
- How to use coconut oil for hemorrhoids
Many people find hemorrhoids somewhat embarrassing and prefer to treat them from the comfort of their own home. Luckily, a majority of the time, hemorrhoids are easily treated using the following home remedies:
- Hemorrhoid creams – Creams are a great way to reduce the pain, swelling and itching caused by hemorrhoids. You can get cream either from a physician or over-the-counter at most drug stores.
- Sitz Bath – A sitz bath is when a person sits in water up to the hips, which relieves the discomfort and pain caused by hemorrhoids.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – For a natural treatment, try soaking a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and applying it to the hemorrhoid area.
- Coconut Oil – Applying coconut oil to the hemorrhoids directly, rinsing and repeating not only helps relieve symptoms, but it can also cause the hemorrhoids to disappear in a few short days.
- Cold Therapy – Cold therapy involves using a cold, clinically approved applicator that is stored in the freezer and applied to the swollen area.