Hala kahiki is the Hawaiian word for pineapple. This is a seven-ingredient smoothie that is rich in vitamin C and other nutrients. Spinach gives it a beautiful green color yet it tastes tropically sweet. Great for breakfast or a mid-afternoon pick-me-up. Can adjust ice or water to achieve desired thickness of smoothie. I prefer mine not very thick.
- 2 oranges, peeled
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 cup red seedless grapes
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed (Optional)
- You can add nuts, protein powder, other fruits & veggies, juice, yogurt, etc.
- Blend oranges, spinach, water, pineapple, grapes, ice, and flax seed in a blender until smooth.